StatusToday (“StatusToday”, “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Website Terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://www.statustoday.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) (and terms defined in the Act are used in this policy):
- In relation to any personal data about you which you provide to us, the data controller is StatusToday of 114 Whitechapel High Street, London, E1 7PT, UK;
- In relation to any personal data about your customers, contacts, target customers or any other third party which you provide to use in the course of using our services and software, StatusToday is the data processor as provided in our Terms of Service.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website https://www.statustoday.com (the website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you register to use the website, subscribe to the service, place an order, or when you raise incidents about the service. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and company details.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call the customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we may contact you by electronic means, for example to notify you about changes to our service, or to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.
- to administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the service, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms or Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of StatusToday, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated 25-May-2018.